3D Star Wars prequels delayed
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:50a.m.
The force isn't with the 3D versions of the Star Wars prequels.
Lucasfilm said in a statement Monday that it's postponing the scheduled 3D releases of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Episode III - Revenge of the Sith to instead focus its efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII.
The Walt Disney Co confirmed Friday that JJ Abrams, creator of the TV series Lost and director of 2009's Star Trek movie, will direct the seventh instalment of the franchise, set for a 2014 release.
Disney bought Star Wars maker Lucasfilm last month for US$4.06 billion.
Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released in 3D last February and earned US$22.4 million domestically its opening weekend.
The original prequels were released from 1999 to 2005.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
It was the end of the road for Eden Roberts on The X Factor NZ last night after she was voted off in the first of the show's elimination episodes.
Eliminated X Factor NZ contestant Eden Roberts talks to 3 News about being voted off in the first of the show's elimination episodes.
Launch trailer for Metro: Last Light, the post-apocalyptic sequel to Metro 2033.
Stan Walker says shows like The X Factor NZ help young Maori by encouraging them to get over the "shame buzz".
Members of the Blizzard team discuss why they are excited to release Diablo 3 on the PS4.
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.