Bingle, Clarke ask for privacy following breakup
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 3:37p.m.
The relationship of Sydney glamour couple Lara Bingle and Michael Clarke is officially over. And the cricket star is set to head to New Zealand in the next couple of days.
Their PR management released a statement to confirm the engagement is off and asked for privacy.
After years of courting attention, Lara Bingle has had enough of the scrutiny.
Earlier in the week Bingle told reporters to “f*** off” and made an offensive hand gesture to cameras.
But Clarke no longer wants to marry the part-time model, he has officially called off their two-year engagement.
In a joint statement, the pair’s management said: “Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle have decided to end their engagement. They ask the media to respect their privacy during this difficult time. No further comment will be made.”
Bingle, whose gesture to reporters on Tuesday spoke volumes, wants a news organisation to pay a million dollars for her exclusive rights. Then she will give comment.
Bingle's mother is trying hard to forget the hold saga.
Just when she and her daughter thought it couldn't get any worse, an AFL legend revealed Bingle embarked on a high profile affair with Brendan Fevola knowing he was married - something Bingle always denied.
Dermott Brereton claims Bingle had asked him if Fevola had a girlfriend.
It was the nude photograph taken by Fevola and published in a magazine that prompted the Bingle/Clarke breakup.
It's understood Clarke has sought legal advice to protect his multi-million dollar franchise.
He has proved himself a canny property investor, owning four properties all in his own name. They include the Bondi beachfront apartment he has shared with Bingle since he bought it for six million dollars last year.
Clarke is set to leave for New Zealand on either Sunday or Monday for the two match test series.
His decision to leave his team mates this week has been backed by the Australian Sports Minister. She said it was the responsible thing for him to do.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
It was the end of the road for Eden Roberts on The X Factor NZ last night after she was voted off in the first of the show's elimination episodes.
Eliminated X Factor NZ contestant Eden Roberts talks to 3 News about being voted off in the first of the show's elimination episodes.
Microsoft has unveiled the Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment console.
Launch trailer for Metro: Last Light, the post-apocalyptic sequel to Metro 2033.
Members of the Blizzard team discuss why they are excited to release Diablo 3 on the PS4.
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.