Children hospitalised after taking pills
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:08a.m.
By Thomas Mead
A group of Northcote School students in Christchurch have been taken to hospital after ingesting an unknown pill or substance.
It is not yet known what the children took, but 12 have been taken to the emergency department as a precautionary measure.
“There was something like tablets or sweets picked up, we don’t know what they are,” says Principal Neil Baker. “Some kids have actually eaten some and we want to make sure the kids are safe.”
Mr Baker says it could be as innocent as sweets or lollies, but the children have been taken to the emergency department for observation until the origin of the tablet is known.
“Whatever it is, we just don’t know.”
The principal says the children were showing no signs of sickness, however St John says some are complaining of stomach pain.
“When you’ve got an unknown substance, you have to find out what it is,” he says.
Police and ambulance staff confirmed they were in attendance at the school, but would not confirm why.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
On the June 6, after rugby training, someone hit Stephen Dud...
New Zealanders are today bracing for a polar blast which wil...
New Zealanders are preparing for the worst as an oncoming po...
ACC levies have gone down under this government, but at what...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.