Chocolate lover finds glass in kit kat
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:23a.m.
A self-professed chocolate lover was left “aghast” after discovering a chunk of glass inside her Kit Kat Chunky bar.
Aucklander Lisa Cruse, who was in Queenstown when the incident happened, told the Otago Daily Times she thought there was a bug in the chocolate bar when she first bit into it, because of how crunchy it was.
Instead, she found a chunk of glass.
"It was also like biting down on to an olive stone as I felt my tooth grind,” she told the newspaper.
“I was absolutely aghast as a large piece of glass fell into my hand.”
Ms Cruse says after realising what she had bitten into she felt sick and instantly noticed her mouth was bleeding. She says she found a cut of about 1cm in her gum.
She says she tried to call Nestle but there was no one manning the office over the weekend. Instead she posted a photo of the glass on the company’s social networking site. The photo was immediately removed.
Nestle New Zealand media spokesman Maurice Gunnell says the company was not aware of the complaint but that they would take the incident “very seriously”.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
25/06/2012 12:04:23 p.m.
I hope they are recalling all kit kat's in that production!
All 350 passengers on board a commuter train that derailed e...
The woman who first tried to lift the lid on paedophile Jame...
32 months after the first earthquake, dozens of Christchurch...
Tourists in Christchurch are being kicked out of the interna...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.