Wed, 01 Feb 2012 5:58p.m.
Residents upset at the way the Christchurch City Council's being run in the aftermath of the quakes are demanding the removal of mayor Bob Parker.
Read the full story »
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
2/02/2012 4:11:39 p.m.
3000 people protesting is still under 1% which leaves 99% who either support or dont care enough to protest.Thats not enough whinging to have change. Nobody complaining is actually offerring alternatives, they just whinge like the Labour opposition for the last 3 years.The problems in Christchurch comes down to ongoing earthquakes. While its still shaking its near impossible to rebuild as to rebuild you want insurance incase of more quakes or even general coverage for accidents while building. Insurances companies are unwilling to give out new policies, so no insurance, no rebuild.Even the government is basically waiting for the quakes to calm down before doing major rebuilding. Part of the problem is the Labour introduced RMA which added years of red tape to any development, ie delayed any rebuild. Want to blame someone for inaction, the government has actually cut a lot of red tape to get as much done as they have! The RMA is a piece of leftist garbage which should be flushed.Basically the RMA adds 2 years plus of red tape to any development and we are still not 2 years since the first quake and only 1 year since the Feb quake last year. Much planning has been ongoing to start the rebuild but little has actually happened as its still being held up by red tape. Between the ongoing shakes, lack of insurance to rebuild, RMA red tape, media sabotaging the rebuild by trying to block historical buildings from being demolished and government owned homes from being demolished - its a surprise Christchurch has achieved as much as it has!Take the new rugby stadium being built. Normally with the RMA such a build would take 3 just to pass submissions before any building started yet its being built now under a year from last Febs quake! Thats the government and council shortcuting the RMA much to the disgust of many whingers.Rebuilding christchurch wont happen overnight. And if you voted in the past Labour govt you can take some blame for the delay.
2/02/2012 8:47:05 a.m.
Mayor bob parker needs to remember is that that people of canterbury voted you in as mayor and the people have the right to remove you because your not doing the job very well lets face it you are a showmen and that is all
1/02/2012 10:57:49 p.m.
Solution? Keep protesting.
Bob, you have the chance to bow out gracefully - I suggest you take it.
1/02/2012 10:36:28 p.m.
not grinning now are you parker,just go we dont want you
1/02/2012 8:47:32 p.m.
People are frustrated at the insurance companies, EQC and ongoing earthquakes how is that Bob's fault, I challenge anyone else to be able to do the Mayor's job under the ongoing stressful circumstances. Tony' Pay rise offer is not his doing and he turned it down. Move on
1/02/2012 8:03:54 p.m.
Sue Wells would the best choice if you want change.
1/02/2012 7:00:48 p.m.
Problem is you are not doing the job Mayor Parker that's what this is all about - you are looking a little more mentally disturbed each day to be honest; I appreciate that you are under a load of pressure so wouldn't it be easier just to go gracefully? You are a wonderful TV presenter and it’s a big world out there - don't do this to yourself, you could do lots of other things - but you could not possibly miss the very real mood of the people of Christchurch - they just don't want you as Mayor.
Commuters in Christchurch will be able to walk through Cathedral Square today, for the first time since the February 2011 quake.
Campbell Live talks to one Christchurch family who found mushrooms sprouting in their bedroom.
Many policy holders are not aware that their insurance policy may pay out for stress.
This is the third winter since the Christchurch quakes hit and you're about to meet people still waiting to be assessed.
Campaigners fighting to have Christchurch's cathedral restored say the job can be done for just under $70 million.
Te Papa is our national museum but is it now a national disg...
Nineteen-year-old Abby Benge's life hung in the balance just...
When a Rotorua couple lost their much loved family dog five ...
What exactly are in these drugs, and how were they invented?...
A third person has died after a car fleeing police crashed o...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.