Dodgey decision: Napoli's coach Mazzarri sidelan ban lifted for Chelsea match
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:25a.m.
Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri has had his touchline ban temporarily lifted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport and will take his place on the bench for the Champions League match against Chelsea.
Mazzarri was handed a two-match ban for "improper conduct" after he pushed Villarreal forward Nilmar to protest time-wasting tactics during a group match in December.
Napoli appealed to CAS, which says it has agreed to temporarily lift the ban while it studies the full case.
Mazzarri watched Napoli beat Chelsea 3-1 in the first leg of the last 16 on television. The second leg is Wednesday.
UEFA turned down Napoli's appeals last month and added a third match to the sanction. The additional ban was deferred for a two-year probationary period.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
An Auckland car dealership has been sentenced for what Trade...
Primary Industries Minister Nathan Guy is blaming officials ...
Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress that the US job market r...
Conservation groups vow to fight the decision made by Minist...
Car manufacturer Ford has announced that it's stopping vehic...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.