Dunedin teens in ICU after LPG fire
Tue, 03 Jul 2012 7:59a.m.
Two teenagers injured while inhaling LPG gas fumes in Otago yesterday remain gravely ill in hospital in Dunedin.
The 18 and 19-year-olds were huffing - inhaling the fumes from two nine kilogram gas canisters - in a Mosgiel house.
The canisters exploded, destroying a large part of the house.
Fire Service spokesman Trevor Tilyard told RadioLIVE the incident could still prove fatal.
“One of them is quite seriously injured with burns to his internal airways in his lungs plus quite severe burning to large parts of the upper body and the other fellow is quite badly burnt as well.
“They are both in intensive care at the moment.”
The incident is still under investigation by police and the fire service.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
Heavy snow and flooding has caused numerous roads to close i...
New Zealanders are today bracing for a polar blast which wil...
New Zealanders are preparing for the worst as an oncoming po...
Residents in the Garden City have been bracing themselves al...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.