The votes have been cast, the polls have closed, the counting has begun and the wait is now on in the Ikaroa-Rawhiti by-election.
Voting closed at 7pm and the Electoral Commission estimates a winner could be decided by 10:30pm tonight.
Final tally for Ikaroa-Rawhiti:
- Meka Whaitiri – Labour Party 4368 votes
- Te Hamua Nikora – Mana 2607 votes
- Na Rongowhakaata Raihania – Maori Party 2104 votes
- Marama Davidson – Green Party 1188 votes
- Michael Appleby – Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party 161 votes
- Maurice Wairau – Independent 27 votes
- Adam Holland – Independent 13 votes
Leading candidate: Meka Whaitiri by 1761 votes
Percent of votes counted: 100 percent
Number of votes counted: 10,519