Guide to the World Cup 2015 pool draw
Mon, 03 Dec 2012 10:39a.m.
The pool draw for the 2015 World Cup in England will take place in London on Tuesday (NZT):
* The 20-team competition will comprise four pools, each containing five countries
* Seedings are based on International Rugby Board world rankings, with teams divided into five tiers of four
* Tier one is New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and France
* Tier two is England, Ireland, Samoa and Argentina
* Tier three is Wales, Italy, Tonga and Scotland
* Tier four is Oceania 1, Europe 1, Asia 1 and Americas 1
* Tier five is Africa 1, Europe 2, Americas 2, Repechage winner
* The identity of tier four and five countries will be confirmed after World Cup qualifying games
* A tier one country will be drawn into each of the four pools, followed by one from tier two, tier three, etc
* The trademark 'pool of death' is likely to be the one that includes Wales, who were World Cup semi-finalists in New Zealand last year
* The top two teams in each pool will progress to the 2015 World Cup quarter-finals
* The top three teams in each pool will secure automatic qualification for the 2019 World Cup in Japan
* The competition will run from September 18 to October 31, 2015, with Twickenham hosting the final.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
The Australians are getting the civil formalities out of the...
San Antonio bounced back after squandering a 13-point lead i...
All Blacks fullback Israel Dagg has been moved off the bench...
Palmerston North's Hayden Pritchard is proof not all weightl...
Queensland police have confirmed that assault allegations ag...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.