Savile's headstone removed by family
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 9:39a.m.
The headstone at the grave of a British children's television host has been removed after police said Jimmy Savile may have sexually assaulted more than 20 girls over a 40-year period.
Funeral director Robert Morphit said Wednesday that Savile's family had asked him to remove the stone to "protect the dignity and sanctity" of the cemetery in Scarborough in northeastern England. He said the stone was removed in three pieces and will be sent to a landfill.
Savile, who died last year aged 84, was one of Britain's best-known TV personalities.
The Metropolitan Police said Tuesday it had received eight criminal allegations against Savile, including two of rape and six of indecent assault, primarily against girls aged 13 to 16.
The force believes there were up to 25 victims.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
14/10/2012 9:29:03 p.m.
Oh Dear wrote:
Poor old Jimmy he only fiddled with children so he could get his Knighthood from the Nazi Queen.
It was the end of the road for Eden Roberts on The X Factor NZ last night after she was voted off in the first of the show's elimination episodes.
Eliminated X Factor NZ contestant Eden Roberts talks to 3 News about being voted off in the first of the show's elimination episodes.
Microsoft has unveiled the Xbox One, its next-generation entertainment console.
The first full trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins is out and confirms Deathstroke will be a fully playable character.
Members of the Blizzard team discuss why they are excited to release Diablo 3 on the PS4.
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.