Internet piracy accused Kim Dotcom may be returned to custody, days after being released on bail.
Dotcom, the multimillionaire founder of file-sharing website Megaupload who faces charges in the United States of racketeering, copyright infringement and money laundering, had been in custody since a police raid on his mansion north of Auckland on January 20.
He was released on bail in the North Shore District Court, following two failed attempts, on February 22.
The Crown has now lodged an appeal against the decision and a hearing will be held on Tuesday, Fairfax reported.
In his decision to free Dotcom on bail, Judge Nevin Dawson said that flight risk was not now of such concern, because all of Dotcom's assets and bank accounts have been seized.
Prosecutor Anne Toohey argued there was a high risk Dotcom would try to flee.
Dotcom said on his release that he was relieved to return home to his pregnant wife and children in Coatesville, Auckland.
As part of the conditions of his electronically-monitored bail, Dotcom will not be able to access the internet.
Dotcom's three co-accused, Finn Batato, Mathias Ortmann and Bram van der Kolk, now face up to six months before a hearing to extradite them to the United States begins.
In a separate hearing, the court was told the US government has yet to file the necessary extradition papers.
They must be filed by March 5, in line with the extradition treaty with New Zealand.
The four accused have been remanded until August 20, the provisional start date for the extradition hearing, which could take three weeks.