Lineman electrocuted in Southland
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 7:16p.m.
An electrical lines worker has died in Southland after being electrocuted at work in Northern Southland.
Police said Stuart Andrew Kenning, 48, went with a colleague about 9:30am on Saturday to repair a power line on a farm property near Mossburn, about 90km north of Invercargill, when he was electrocuted.
Health and Safety inspectors from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment were investigation.
Mr Kenning's death has been referred to the coroner.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
28/10/2012 10:07:48 a.m.
I work in a company where the boss imposed a number of nasty things on the entire workforce after we had a death. I hope that will not be Stuart Kenning's legacy for his fellow workers. A death is not an excuse to clamp down on everyone and everything.
A stranded orca has been rescued from the Kaipara Harbour af...
Viewers overwhelming voted yes to decriminalising soft drugs...
Anna Burns-Francis visited the suburb of Woolston where a ma...
Campbell Live looks at an initiative to get people walking a...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.