Sat, 19 Apr
° °
  • Firstline - TV3 New Zealand

    Firstline

    Weekdays 6am

  • 3 News - TV3 New Zealand

    3 News

    Nightly 6PM

  • Campbell Live - TV3 New Zealand

    Campbell Live

    Weekdays 7.00pm

  • Three 60 - TV3 New Zealand

    Three 60

    Sundays 9.30am

  • 3rd Degree - TV3 New Zealand

    3rd Degree

    WEDNESDAYS 8.30PM

  • The Paul Henry Show - TV3 New Zealand

    The Paul Henry Show

    Weekdays 10.30pm

  • The Nation - TV3 New Zealand

    The Nation

    Sat 9:30am / Sun 10am

Mike Tyson drops F-bomb live on NZ TV

Tuesday 02 Oct 2012 10:22a.m.

Mike Tyson drops F-bomb live on NZ TV

By 3 News online staff

Former world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has dropped the F-bomb live on breakfast television.

Tyson was being interviewed via phone on TVNZ’s Breakfast programme this morning when he took offence to a question on his prior conviction of raping an 18-year-old female.

“I didn't do the crime, I was set up, I don't care what people say. I didn't do that f**king crime,” he said.

The Breakfast hosts apologised immediately for the expletive, saying there is no delay of their live broadcast and they are unable to censor interviewees. A censored version of the interview is now available to watch on tvnz.co.nz.

Tyson is headlining a motivational speaking night in Auckland in November.

The 46-year-old was controversially granted a visa last month despite opposition from anti-rape groups.

Immigration New Zealand operations support manager Michael Carley said the special permission was issued under a section of the Immigration Act that allows exceptions to be given to a person who is not eligible for a visa.

Prime Minister John Key said this week he condemns violence against women but can see “both sides” of the Tyson visa debate. 

3 News / NZN

 
comments powered by Disqus