By Peter Wilson, NZN Political Writer
NZ First leader Winston Peters is considering revealing the reasons Brendan Horan was expelled from the party.
Mr Horan was kicked out in December amid allegations he misappropriated money from his late mother's bank account but nothing has been proved and the MP denies any wrongdoing.
Mr Peters said at the time he knew more than he was prepared to disclose and claimed Mr Horan was unfit to be an MP.
When Parliament returned from recess on Tuesday Mr Peters indicated he had changed his mind.
"I'm thinking we will pursue it," he told reporters.
"There's a lot more to come out and the reality is he shouldn't be here in any way, shape or form."
Mr Peters is annoyed because Mr Horan is refusing to resign from Parliament and intends staying on as an independent until the 2014 election.
That means NZ First has seven MPs instead of the eight it is entitled to, and the party can't do anything about it.
"We're not going to allow him to destroy the proportionality of Parliament," Mr Peters said.
The allegations against Mr Horan surfaced because of a family row over his late mother's estate.
The MP has vowed to clear his name and present evidence of his innocence, but hasn't done so.
Earlier this month he filed a High Court affidavit saying his political career had been ruined by the allegations and he wanted the executor of his mother's estate removed.
Mr Horan wants the Public Trust to take over and appoint forensic investigators to examine his late mother's bank accounts.