Large sum withdrawn before death
Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:16a.m.
Police have released a possible motive into the death of 21-year-old Shalvin Prasad, whose burnt body was found in South Auckland last week.
Mr Prasad was found dead on McRobbie Rd, Kingseat, just outside the southern boundaries of metropolitan Auckland, about 6:30am last Thursday by a member of the public.
In a press conference held this morning, police said Mr Prasad had withdrawn a large sum of money from his bank account eight hours before he went missing.
Police say the sum was in the “tens of thousands” but have not specified the exact amount.
The money has not yet been located but police believe it is connected to his death.
“People may speculate as to how a 21-year-old came to have a large sum of money but at this stage of the investigation police emphasise that there is no indication that Shalvin was involved in any illegal activity,” says detective inspector Dave Lynch.
He says the money was withdrawn from a term investment and taken out in $100 bills.
Mr Prasad would have turned 22 on Sunday.
His funeral was held yesterday.
They released this CCTV image of Mr Prasad today:
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
Eventing legend Sir Mark Todd was one of a number of sports ...
A man is dead and a woman is critically injured after an inc...
Tourists in Christchurch are being kicked out of the interna...
Now police in one city have reported dramatic results, slash...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.