Mon, 21 Apr
° °
  • Firstline - TV3 New Zealand

    Firstline

    Weekdays 6am

  • 3 News - TV3 New Zealand

    3 News

    Nightly 6PM

  • Campbell Live - TV3 New Zealand

    Campbell Live

    Weekdays 7.00pm

  • Three 60 - TV3 New Zealand

    Three 60

    Sundays 9.30am

  • 3rd Degree - TV3 New Zealand

    3rd Degree

    WEDNESDAYS 8.30PM

  • The Paul Henry Show - TV3 New Zealand

    The Paul Henry Show

    Weekdays 10.30pm

  • The Nation - TV3 New Zealand

    The Nation

    Sat 9:30am / Sun 10am

Second Shalvin Prasad murder accused named

Tuesday 26 Feb 2013 10:46a.m.

Second murder accused named

Name suppression has been lifted for the second of two men charged with murdering 21-year-old Shalvin Prasad.

Lawyers for Bryne Permal, 20, this morning argued in the High Court against lifting name suppression. However their appeal failed.

Image suppression remains in place for Permal and his 18-year-old co-accused Shivneel Shahil Kumar.

The pair were jointly charged with Mr Prasad’s murder after his burnt body was discovered by a member of the public in the south Auckland suburb of Kingseat last month.

Mr Prasad's brother, Pravin Prasad, said his brother's death had torn the family apart.

"It's just so surreal," he said. "Sometimes I think he'll come home after work, but I now realise he won't."

Mr Prasad withdrew tens of thousands of dollars before he disappeared on January 30. His body was discovered on fire at 6:30am on January 31 by a member of the public, about 5m back from McRobbie Road.

3 News