$20.5 million lotto prize claimed
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:49p.m.
By Thomas Mead
Southland’s $20.5 million lotto prize has been claimed this morning by a South Island man.
Lotto Representative Karen Jones said the winner was “stunned”.
“They’re obviously a little concerned about their privacy, so all we can say at this stage is that they are a South Island man,” she said.
“We’re delighted they’ve come forward.”
The winner was yet to officially claim the money, but had been in touch.
Betty Sinclair, who owns the Invercargill Windsor Stationery and Lotto store where the ticket was purchased, said it had been “an exciting week for the whole Southland”.
She had been run off her feet with customers.
“There [were] people everywhere wondering if they’re the big winner, it’s just wonderful,” she said.
“You see a customer come in and you think, ‘is this it, is this it?’.”
Ms Sinclair had some advice for the winning ticketholder:
“Think very carefully about what they do, read the information from the Lotteries Commission,” she said.
The prize is the biggest ever won in the South Island and the sixth largest won in New Zealand.
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
Heavy snow and flooding has caused numerous roads to close i...
On the June 6, after rugby training, someone hit Stephen Dud...
New Zealanders are today bracing for a polar blast which wil...
New Zealanders are preparing for the worst as an oncoming po...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.