Sat, 18 Aug 2012 6:19p.m.
A woman was left stuck inside a retail shop while a fire alarm went off at Saint Luke's shopping mall last week.
Read the full story »
Post a Comment
Before commenting, please take the time to read our moderation guide
(Won't be published)
20/08/2012 2:51:56 p.m.
What an appaling thing to say, that idiot girl from Cotton On.I wold go into that store ever. Westfield should close it down.
20/08/2012 7:16:55 a.m.
Mummy Bumbles wrote:
What on earth were the staff thinking ?? Well, obviously NOT thinking... Check you have no customers in the shop before you leave.... And no, Angela, sadly it's not policy to leave them unlocked for the fire dept to get in so that people can't steal on their way past. Te Awa Mall at the Base in Hamilton are a good example - they in their last evac let customers in BEFORE they'd let all their shop people back in.
19/08/2012 3:00:58 p.m.
Absolutely unacceptable that a shopper is left locked in a store during a fire outbreak! It's good that she has spoken out to prevent a tragedy in the future!
19/08/2012 12:34:04 p.m.
Old Friend wrote:
19/08/2012 8:22:32 a.m.
The store workers should be held responsible for the locking of a member of public in the shop. It is thier responsibility to ensure the shop is clear before they leave the shop, just as any fire warden in a business.
19/08/2012 7:49:06 a.m.
Fair NZer wrote:
Is any CUSTOMER always right?
19/08/2012 6:36:35 a.m.
Rose, don't you mean to say.. "They're like, really accurate in their reporting. And I'm like, Thanks!" ;)
18/08/2012 10:34:31 p.m.
I thought it was policy to close the doors but leave them unlocked, so that if the fire department had to get into your store to, you know, put out the fire, then they could. The staff really should have checked!
18/08/2012 9:33:29 p.m.
Ray Smith wrote:
I think that this is terrible. What ridiculously complacency on the part of the staff member of Cotton On. I believe fire drills/alarms should always be taken seriously. How foolish that the premises were not properly checked and evacuations effectively co-ordinated. That could well have been the difference between life and death. There is definitely room for improvement here, a stronger sense of responsibility for a start.
18/08/2012 6:56:29 p.m.
Very accurate report, thanks!
Te Papa is our national museum but is it now a national disg...
What exactly are in these drugs, and how were they invented?...
Nineteen-year-old Abby Benge's life hung in the balance just...
When a Rotorua couple lost their much loved family dog five ...
What began as a protest for more pay has morphed into a batt...
Copyright © 2013 MediaWorks TV. All Rights Reserved.