° °
  • Firstline - TV3 New Zealand

    Firstline

    Weekdays 6am

  • 3 News - TV3 New Zealand

    3 News

    Nightly 6pm

  • Campbell Live - TV3 New Zealand

    Campbell Live

    Weekdays 7pm

  • 3rd Degree - TV3 New Zealand

    3rd Degree

    Wednesdays 8.30pm

  • The Paul Henry Show - TV3 New Zealand

    The Paul Henry Show

    Weekdays 10.30pm

  • Three 60 - TV3 New Zealand

    Three 60

    Sundays 9.30am

  • The Nation - TV3 New Zealand

    The Nation

    Sat 9:30am / Sun 10am

Elmo puppeteer’s accuser withdraws underage sex allegations

Wednesday 14 Nov 2012 11:42 a.m.

Kevin Clash with Elmo (Reuters file)

Kevin Clash with Elmo (Reuters file)

By 3 News online staff with Associated Press

The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teen now says it isn't so.

The 23-year-old man who made the claims in June has released a statement through law firm Andreozzi & Associates, saying “he wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr Clash was an adult consensual relationship.”

The man originally claimed he had been in a relationship with Clash when he was 16.

Clash, who plays Elmo on the children’s television show, announced earlier this week that he had taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street to fight the allegations, which he denied.

Clash said through a spokesman: “I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further.”

3 News / AP

Others Are Watching

comments powered by Disqus

Trending

;