NZ First quits Facebook
Curwen Rolinson said he had closed down the pages of both NZ First and NZ First Youth
By 3 News online staff
Political party NZ First has quit Facebook following complaints against the party's youth wing leader.
Youth leader Curwen Rolinson posted on the social media site that a complaint against his ongoing membership had been tabled and accepted by the party's board of directors.
He said he had closed down the pages of both NZ First and NZ First Youth under instruction from party leader Winston Peters.
"Winston has ordered ALL NZF social media pages to be shut down till this complaint has been heard next Monday [sic]," the post read.
He has since removed the posts, but confirmed their context to Fairfax.
"I would be rather remiss to comment on the accuracy of my own comments which have been screenshotted," he said.
It's not the first time Mr Rolinson has courted controversy online. At the beginning of last year he said Adolf Hitler had a stronger emphasis on job creation than Social Development Minister Paula Bennett, and also pondered throwing a brick at Prime Minister John Key's head.
There was no indication of when NZ First could be back on Facebook.